Finally! I’ve had this recipe for Cuban paninis for ever! I’ve had it for so long I don’t even know where it came from.
Anyway, I needed to share this with you, not only because it was delicious, but because it was awesome to make, too. But, mainly, because it was delicious. Absolutely delicious.
Now, when I was at my parents’ house for Thanksgiving, my mom made these awesome sandwiches using Hawaiian rolls. My recipe doesn’t call for these, but they are so good, I decided to try our making my Cubans with them.
Ok, enough talk. Here’s what you’re looking for:
1 & 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
6 Hawaiian Rolls
6 slices Swiss Cheese
6 slices Bacon, cooked
12 Pickle slices
Oven-Roasted (carved) Turkey
1. In a small bowl, mix olive oil and garlic. Set aside.
2. Preheat 2 skillets over medium.
3. On a separate plate, layer mustard on top and bottom halves of rolls. Add half slice of cheese to bottom roll.
4. Break bacon slices in half and add 2 halves on top of cheese, cover with 2 pickle slices each. Layer ham (I used three thin slices) onto sandwich. Top with slice of turkey.
5. Add other half of cheese slice on top of turkey and place top of roll onto sandwich.
6. Brush tops with olive oil and garlic mixture and place into skillet. Top with second skillet. Cook 3 minutes.
I could only do 4 at once. I also didn’t use enough oil; my sandwiches started to stick to the bottom of the skillet.
Anyway, as I mentioned these were delicious. We had 3 each, and I wish they had been low enough in calories to have like 14 of them. Man, they were good.